Since childhood, we all are being thought about the importance of sleeping on time. But as we grow up, we start ignoring the importance of those good sleeping habits. In today's world, everyone’s lifestyle has changed, and these lifestyle changes affect our sleep too.
It's a fact that sleep is important for our physical and psychological well-being. However, in spite of its significance, many people are not able to get quality sleep and are sleepy or lazy the next day.
In spite of the fact that there's a wide scope of causes and kinds of sleeping issues, there are many ways in which you can overcome these issues. Initially, it may be difficult to implement these changes as the changes take time, but with time you will start noticing the difference in your sleep quality. You can start with small changes and then gradually up toward better sleeping habits or Hygiene. So let's start with some bad sleeping habits to break immediately.
What is Sleep Hygiene?
The expression “sleep hygiene” refers to a series of habits that may improve your sleep quality and keep you asleep. These sleeping habits are a foundation of cognitive-behavioral therapy, the best therapy for people suffering from insomnia. Cognitive-behavioral therapy can help you address the issues/thoughts/lifestyle habits that prevent you from falling asleep. It additionally incorporates methods for stress decrease, relaxation, and management of sleep schedule.
8 Healthy Sleeping Habits for 2021
- Set a reliable sleep plan: Always stick to the schedule, and try to sleep at the same time daily and awake at the same time. This will set your body clock.
- Do the same rituals daily before falling asleep: Do something very similar consistently before sleep time. Like taking a shower, reading books, or tune in to music. Your pre-sleep action should be relaxing so your body realizes when it's an ideal opportunity to rest.
- Exercise Regularly: Ensure that you do exercise regularly and keep in mind that you do it two hours before sleep time. However, or it could be hard to doze off.
- Keep a Healthy and balanced diet: Dinners not long before sleep time may make it hard to fall asleep. However, a little snack not long before sleep time will in general promote sleep.
- Avoid Caffeine and Nicotine: Caffeine and nicotine are energizers that meddle with sleep. These two components will lead to restless sleep.
- Avoid Alcohol: While alcohol may slow down brain activity and promote sleep. But it will interfere with sleeping during the night and will cause you to wake up frequently.
- Keep Your Naps Short: If you take a nap later in the afternoon then surely it is going to interfere with your sleep at night. If you are very much in need of a nap then keep it shorter than 30 minutes.
- Avoid TV/Mobile or any other gadgets: Stop using your gadgets 1 hour before you sleep. These gadgets emit rays that make it difficult to fall asleep and also interfere with the sleeping cycle.
And the most important thing you need to do is provide yourself with a suitable environment for sleep. We all know how important is the environment of the room for falling asleep. Everyone requires a certain environment to fall asleep and you all need to make it a point to prepare a suitable environment for sleep.
Making a Sleep-Inducing Bedroom
A fundamental tip to help doze off quickly and easily is to make your room a place of solace and relaxation. Though this step might seem obvious, it's frequently disregarded, adding to troubles related to falling asleep and keeping asleep.
- Utilize a High-Performance Mattress and Pillow: A quality sleeping platform is indispensable to ensure quality sleep. And the pillow is just as important as the mattress, as the pillows provide support to your neck and head. Sleepsia Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow is a great option if you are looking to swap your old pillows with a new one
- Pick Quality Bedding: Your sheets and covers play a significant part in making your bed feel welcoming. Search for bedding that feels great to the touch and that will help keep an agreeable temperature during the night.
- Keep away from Light Disruption: Excess light exposure can lose your sleep. Blackout blinds over your windows or a sleep mask over your eyes can impede light. And keep it from meddling with your rest.
- Track down an Agreeable Temperature: You don't need your room temperature to be interrupted by feeling excessively hot or excessively cold. The ideal temperature can change depending on the individual.
- Pleasant Aromas: A light fragrance that you find relaxing can help slip you into sleep. Fundamental oils with characteristic fragrances, for example, lavender, can give a relieving and new smell to your room.
As a final observation,
All these sleeping habits are not very difficult to adopt. It will surely take some time but gradually you will be able to overcome the challenges. And it is important to create a suitable environment for your sleep before falling asleep. Sleeping hygiene includes bedding, mattresses, and pillows. Bamboo orthopedic neck pillow promotes sleep as they are really soft. And the moment you rest your head on Sleepsia Shredded memory foam pillow you are bound to fall asleep.